Campus contact for this program:
Instructor Sherifa Douglas, SDouglas@hcc.commnet.edu
Associate in Science
The Surgical Technology program prepares students to be competent entry-level surgical technologists in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective learning domains. Graduates will qualify to become certified through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) examination.
This program is accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756
Apply principles of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and microbiology to perioperative patient care. Outcomes:
- Distinguish the elements, action, and use of medications and anesthetic agents used during the perioperative experience.
- Demonstrate safe practice in the role of Surgical Technologist.
- Display competence in technical skills and aseptic technique in the perioperative environment.
- Practice responsible and accountable behavior within the role and competencies of the Surgical Technologist.
- Organize the intraoperative environment efficiently as a member of the surgical team.
- Apply learned knowledge and skills in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains to become nationally certified as a Surgical Technologist.