Becoming Connecticut State Community College …
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. CLICK HERE for more detail about this exciting transition!
Associate in Science Degree
Campus contact for this program:
Professor Samantha Mannion, SMannion@hcc.commnet.edu
This concentration is designed to enable students with a demonstrated interest in the field of Criminal Justice to obtain a focused General Studies Degree in this discipline. Specifically, this degree concentration is geared toward students who solely wish to obtain the sixty college credits required to sit for most police department examinations. All other students with a demonstrated interest in this field are strongly encouraged to enroll in the Criminal Justice Parent Degree Program. Please consult a Criminal Justice Program faculty member for additional information.
- Develop knowledge of law enforcement, court and correctional system, including knowledge of how these systems interact.
- Develop knowledge of law as it impacts the criminal justice system.
- Develop knowledge of psychological/sociological impacts on the criminal justice system.
- Develop knowledge of historical/political impacts on the criminal justice system.
- Develop an understanding of ethical issues and dilemmas that occur in criminal justice professions.