Becoming Connecticut State Community College …
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. CLICK HERE for more detail about this exciting transition!
Associate in Science Degree
Campus contact for this program:
Professor John Favret, JFavret@hcc.commnet.edu
The following combination of courses allows any student to obtain both an Associate in Science degree and to transfer into most four-year colleges offering programs in Graphic Design. Students are also prepared for entry-level positions in graphic design and related fields.
- Attain mastery of the basic conventions of drawing and design.
- Become competent in the specific skills that are required in today’s graphic design industry.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary for visual thinking and productive problem-solving.
- Attain an expanded awareness and a critical understanding of graphic design products.
- Become familiar with the computer graphics software products that are industry standards.