Becoming Connecticut State Community College …
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. CLICK HERE for more detail about this exciting transition!
Associate in Arts Degree
Campus contact for this program:
Professor John Favret: JFavret@hcc.commnet.edu
The following combination of courses provides students with a solid foundation in studio art, and the skills necessary to pursue a career in photography. Students will be introduced to film, digital photography, commercial photography, video, and editing.
- Attain mastery of the basic conventions of drawing, design, and photography.
- Become competent in a variety of artistic media.
- Attain mastery of visual thinking and productive problem-solving.
- Obtain visual literacy and aesthetic appreciation, through the study of art history, of the culture we have inherited.
- Understand and use techniques and methods specific to the practice of photography.
- Create a portfolio of photographic images.