Becoming Connecticut State Community College …
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. CLICK HERE for more detail about this exciting transition!
Associate in Science Degree
Campus contact for this program:
Professor Asher Albaz, AAlbaz@hcc.commnet.edu
This program provides students with basic accounting knowledge necessary for an entry-level position in that area, and it also provides the preliminary knowledge required for transfer to a four-year institution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in accurately observing and organizing financial data.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the use of accounting principles and procedures as they apply to the recording and reporting of financial information.
- Demonstrate proficiency in valuing, recording, and reporting the business entity’s assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of financial data in planning, controlling, and evaluating entity performance.