Becoming Connecticut State Community College …
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. CLICK HERE for more detail about this exciting transition!
Associate in Arts Degree
Campus contact for this program:
Professor Geoff Sheehan, GSheehan@hcc.commnet.edu
The objective of the Theater Arts Program at Housatonic Community College is to provide a strong foundation in the Theater Arts as a creative and practical enterprise, to prepare the students for transfer, internship or employment opportunities by ensuring a working knowledge of the responsibilities and requirements of these positions, and to serve as a means to empower the students to develop to their full potential through self-discovery, discipline, teamwork and creative thought inherent in the Theater Arts process.
- Attain an expanded awareness and critical understanding of theater methods, practices and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate competency in theater performance, production, and administrative techniques.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to interpretation and problem solving.
- Identify and construct a collaborative connection between a theater company and its community.
- Apply creative, cooperative and disciplined approach to career and personal challenges.