Becoming Connecticut State Community College …
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. CLICK HERE for more detail about this exciting transition!
Associate in Science Degree
Campus contact for this program:
Instructor Sherifa Baffoe, email@example.com
The Surgical Technology program prepares students to be competent entry-level surgical technologists in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective learning domains. Graduates will qualify to become certified through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) examination.
This program is accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
9355 - 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
Tuition and Clinical Program Fee: $10,166* (in-state), $28,070* (out-of-state)
*Cost does not include student activity fees, textbooks, uniforms or other materials. Financial Aid may be available to those who qualify. Cost is subjected to change.
- Apply principles of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and microbiology to perioperative patient care.
- Distinguish the elements, action, and use of medications and anesthetic agents used during the perioperative experience.
- Demonstrate safe practice in the role of Surgical Technologist.
- Display competence in technical skills and aseptic technique in the perioperative environment
- Practice responsible and accountable behavior within the role and competencies of the Surgical Technology.
- Organize the intraoperative environment efficiently as a member of the surgical team.
- Apply learned knowledge and skills in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains to become nationally certified as a Surgical Technologist.
The minimum grade requirement for all courses in the Surgical Technology plan of study is as follows: “C+” or higher for Human Biology and SUR core courses. A “C” or higher is required for all other courses.