4/1/2018 - THIS PROGRAM IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW STUDENTS
Associate in Science Degree
This program provides students with the skills necessary to excel in an office environment. Students become proficient in keyboarding, word processing, office procedures, office management skills, interpersonal skills, and customer service or help desk orientation as well as decision-making and problem-solving techniques. Students are encouraged to develop individual areas of interest through elective courses and through part-time and summer employment.
- Read, understand, and prepare standard types of documents with speed and accuracy.
- Compose business documents that are clear, concise, complete, and courteous.
- Possess appropriate skills in the following software applications: operating system, word processing, spreadsheet, database management, integrated office applications, presentation graphics and other software appropriate for the office environment.
- Employ appropriate administrative office procedures and office management decision-making and problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Apply communication skills related to the occupation, including, but not limited to, reading, writing, listening, verbal, and nonverbal communication.