Associate in Science Degree
Campus contact for this program:
Professor Stella Litwinowicz, SLitwinowicz@hcc.commnet.edu
Transfer Program: The pre-engineering pathway is based upon a mathematics and science core that provides the nucleus for engineering education. In addition to the 64-hour core of courses listed below, the student must maintain a “B” or better average with no grade less than a “C” for continuation in the engineering program at the University of Connecticut.
Students in this program may choose the Engineering Transfer Option: Engineering Science Pathway Program (Fairfield University) (EB16pfu)
- Understand the basic principles of the physical sciences.
- Perform a scientific experiment and interpret results.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major concepts of differential and integral calculus.
- Have the ability to write and document a computer program.
- Complete the general education courses in satisfaction of the associate degree requirements.
NOTE: All courses may not be offered at HCC.
NOTE: For students interested in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, additional technical coursework is needed prior to the junior year in the Uconn curriculum. This coursework may be completed at one of the regional UCONN campuses while progressing through the Pathway Program or may be obtained through the use of the electives prescribed in the core listed above.