Becoming Connecticut State Community College …
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. CLICK HERE for more detail about this exciting transition!
Associate in Science Degree
Campus contact for this program:
Professor Michael Mandel, MMandel@hcc.commnet.edu
The increasing internationalization of business is requiring managers to have a global business perspective gained through experience, education or both. Competition from global competitors is mounting. The huge increase in import penetration moreover, the massive amounts of overseas investment means that firms of all sizes face competitors from everywhere in the world. International business differs from its domestic counterpart in that it involves three environments-domestic, foreign, and international-instead of one.
- Describe our global environment
- Depict the challenges of globalization
- Portray the diversity and competitiveness of international business
- Compare/contrast the social, cultural, political, economic, religious and legal aspects of each country with which we wish to trade
- Explain the differences in the environmental focus of the markets in which they operate