Apr 13, 2024  
2022-2023 Academic Catalog 
2022-2023 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree: Theater Studies (EG22)

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Degrees & Certificates

Becoming Connecticut State Community College …

STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. CLICK HERE   for more detail about this exciting transition! 


Associate in Arts Degree


Campus contacts for this program:
Professor Geoff Sheehan, gsheehan@hcc.commnet.edu

With this degree you will be able to transfer to the following majors:

At Central Connecticut State University:
  • Theatre, Performance Emphasis, B.A.
  • Theatre, Design Tech. Emphasis, B.A.
At Eastern Connecticut State University:
  • Theatre, Acting Concentration, B.A.
  • Theatre, Directing Concentration, B.A.
  • Theatre, Dance & World Performance, B.A.
  • Theatre, Design Technology & Management, B.A.
At Southern Connecticut State University:
  • Theatre, B.A.
At Western Connecticut State University:
  • Theatre Arts, Theatre Studies Option, B.A.
  • Theatre Arts, Performance Option, B.A.

In order to graduate and be guaranteed admission to a State University or to Charter Oak State College, you must earn an overall 2.0 grade point average.

Here is the recommended course of study for the Theatre Studies Transfer Degree. If you are studying part time, simply follow the order of the courses listed here. Note that not all courses will be available every semester. You will notice that in many instances you will be able to choose the specific course you will take from within a category.  For a list of the courses from each category that you can choose from, go to PDF_CSCU Transfer Electives .

TAP Application Info

  • Begin the transfer application process in your third semester or the semester before you plan to graduate. FAFSA becomes available October 1.

Suggested Sequence of Courses:

Prerequisite or parallel courses may be required. Please check individual course descriptions for details.

Total Credits: 60-61

1 You are free to choose any courses at or above 100-level to complete any available unrestricted electives. You can also complete other General Education requirements at Central and Western, but not at Eastern. Finally, if you intend to transfer to Central, you are strongly urged to begin work on the required minor. Central requires an 18 credit minor; you can complete up to 9 credits of that minor at the community college.  Your advisor will help you to determine which courses to select.

Important: If you did not complete a 3rd year of a foreign language in high school or met the language requirement in some other way, you must use unrestricted elective credit to complete a second semester level of a foreign language course before transferring.

NOTE: In order to graduate and be guaranteed admission to a State University or to Charter Oak State College, you must earn an overall 2.0 grade point average.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Degrees & Certificates